ENGINEERING (Student Paid Internship)
Clarification from the agency
Students who have been accepted for enrollment, or who are enrolled at least half-time, in an accredited high school, college, professional, technical, vocational, or trade school pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
Multiple Schedules -
- The duties listed are at the highest grade level advertised (GS-07):
- Receives training in the principles, concepts, work processes, and regulations of one or more functional areas of Engineering and Architecture.
- Work assignments are usually clear-cut and designed to provide experience in a wide variety of activities.
- On a scheduled basis, following the Pathways Participant Agreement, receives assignments in various Engineering and Architecture functions to gain an understanding of the various program concepts and operations,.
- Develop an understanding of the total mission as well as organizational/functional interrelationships, and develop a foundation for more specialized application of knowledge gained from on-the-job training assignments.
- Receives formal and on-the-job training in OPM, Department of Agriculture and Forest Service policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Is instructed on the use of personal computers, and file and data management