Mudsock Youth Athletics (Southeastern Program of Recreational Team Sports) is a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing youth in the Hamilton Southeastern community with the opportunity to participate in recreational and competitive team sports that promote character development, leadership, and physical fitness.
The Facility Intern position is a part-time, nonexempt, hourly position that reports to the organization’s Executive Director and is responsible for basic field maintenance, oversight of hourly league field crews for Mudsock Youth Athletics and its member leagues and other miscellaneous league set-up and tear down. This position will be on-site for league tournaments as well as select recreational event days/nights. The major tasks and core responsibilities of the Facilities Coordinator include:
- Paint field lines for field hockey, football, lacrosse, rugby and soccer during their seasons on a weekly basis.
- Ensure Olio Fields, Fall Creek Intermediate fields and other softball satellite locations have fields prepared or are scheduled to be opened/closed by hourly staff.
- Regularly check goal anchors at Cumberland Park, Cyntheanne Park, Hamilton Proper Park, Mudsock Fields and other fields as assigned.
- Notify leagues of damaged equipment at various league locations and replace/restore equipment to proper location when applicable (i.e. return corner flags to corner location on soccer fields).
- Prep, maintain and close athletic fields.
- Confirm upkeep and cleanliness of signage, banners and other promotional materials at various league locations.
- Assist league volunteers and city staff with field maintenance projects as assigned.
- Diagnose and repair minor issues at various league locations at weekly walkthrough.
- Respond to phone calls and e-mails as directed.
- Construct/repair office equipment on a as needed basis.
- Provide regular updates to Executive Director and/or senior level staff.
- Serve on group of regular “on-call” staff to assist leagues with facility or weather-related issues.
- Attending quarterly facilities meeting.
- Support Assistant Director and Senior Operations Manager with projects including but not limited to marketing, design, scheduling and league operations.
- High school diploma.
- 1 to 2 years relatable experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience managing and working with volunteers and teenage employees.
- Highly organized in order to handle multiple priorities in peak seasons.
- Valid driver’s license and background check results that meet organizational volunteer requirements.
- High level of professionalism, tact and judgement in all settings.
- Must have ability to work long hours and weekends.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 100 lbs., bend, kneel, stoop, stand and walk.
- Familiarity with Mudsock Youth Athletics programs and the Fishers/Indianapolis area.
- Knowledge of turf management and youth sports field maintenance.
- 2-year or 4-year degree in applicable sports, operations or non-profit fields.
- Handy with basic power tools.
- Ability to problem solve and mend items.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to work with many unique individuals and groups with different goals and needs.