9th-12th Grade Math Assistant
Position located near IUPUI Campus! (position is part of the Community Work-study program at IUPUI)
This position is limited to IUPUI Student candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account, Student Center, Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
At Christel House Academy, we strive to create empowering opportunities through an equitable, rigorous, and holistic education for all Christel House Indianapolis students and alumni, so they actualize their aspirations and develop effective leadership skills. Christel House Indianapolis students and graduates are world changers. Everyone. Every day. Around the world, Christel House students are empowered to realize their full potential and supported in an environment that allows them to learn and grow as individuals. Their experience is grounded in four foundational values of responsibility, respect, integrity, and independence that were put in place by our founder, Christel DeHaan.
Christel House Indianapolis is currently seeking a 9-12th Grade Math Assistant.
- Currently pursing bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- A strong belief in the mission and goals of Christel House Indianapolis.
- Plan, prepare and deliver engaging, standards-aligned lesson plans, instructional materials, and assessments that facilitate active learning.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Demonstrate a desire for working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively, maintaining cooperative and effective working relationships.
- Other duties assigned.
- Ask questions to consider thoroughly diverse viewpoints.
- Respectfully engage others in ways to facilitate their contributions.
- Engage in reflection to increase self-awareness and personal growth.
- Deliver polished and organized informative presentations to diverse audiences.
- Define a problem through creating an actionable problem statement.
- Listen attentively to others and respond appropriately.
- Cultivate healthy, meaningful relationships with others.
- Recognize and effectively manage ambiguous ideas, experiences and situations.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to serve and make a huge difference in underserved students’ lives.
- Referral bonuses.
- Eligibility for Federal student loan forgiveness for teachers.
Applicants should disclose any criminal arrests or convictions in the application process. A successful applicant will be required to submit to a national background check.
Christel House Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Questions? Contact Talent@chschools.org