Lance Camper is part of the larger REV Group (NYSE: REVG), a leading manufacturer of specialty vehicles for the fire & emergency, commercial, and recreation markets. REV Group’s extensive vehicle line-up includes models such as ambulances, fire trucks, school buses, terminal trucks, RV’s, luxury buses, and much more. Our 6,500+ employees continuously demonstrate their commitment to building innovative and reliable vehicles that our customers can depend on whether for a family trip across the U.S. or when responding to an emergency. Rev Group is a veteran friendly employer and hires over 200 veterans and or those transferring out of the military each year.
Provides technical support to engineers during the design of manufacturing processes for a production facility. Assists in the development of layouts or floor plans, conducts tests and troubleshoots equipment. Documents test procedures and results. Solves routine technical problems on the production line. Engineering technicians may be asked to run tests, record data, collect materials, or fix parts.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Knowledge of engineering systems and components as it relates to the vehicle being built.
- Solve technical problems related to the assembly and manufacturing of vehicle being built.
- Support process engineering changes through established procedures and documentation.
- Provide short term resolution for design issues to avoid production delays.
- Knowledge of solid works, AutoCAD software programs.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Experience with problem solving techniques (5 why & root cause analysis).
- Experience with statistical techniques and data analysis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work directly with hourly production employees and leadership concerning manufacturing initiatives and progress updates.
- Strong work ethic, highly motivated, organized, and self-disciplined.
- Versatile, flexible, and willing to work with changing priorities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay on task.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute concurrent assignments in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong and consistent attention to detail.
- Creative and innovative team player.
- Ability to use sound judgment and make timely decisions.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of products and processes to better serve customers and improve the overall profitability. Actively seek out work in other areas when current assignment is complete.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent education required.
- Required 0-1 year of related experience.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English. Bilingual preferred.
- Lean manufacturing system (7 wastes of lean, and 5S)
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and layout and other written or verbal instructions.
- Solid PC skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Teams, and Outlook.
- Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently constantly to move objects.
- Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching/Crawling/Reaching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the job is at or within arm’s reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: work in an indoor climate-controlled environment with moderate noise levels, have contact with other employees and have contact with customers/vendors via telephone, email, and/or chat software.
The employee is regularly required to: work in an environment with office machines and other electronic.
REV Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law. REV Group also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunities for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective January 1, 2020, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended, the "CCPA"), if you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. Please click on the link for a description of those rights and how California residents may exercise them.