Mechanical Engineering Intern
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. As the world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineering Intern in our Broomfield, CO location.
All applicants for placement in safety-sensitive positions will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug test.
What is in it for you?
- A competitive salary and innovative, game-changing work
- Flexible work schedule
- For full-time employees, we offer: Employer subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance; 401k retirement savings plan, Equity + 12 Paid holidays and generous vacation + sick time
- Quantinuum is a team of over 450 people. Among them you'll find the world's leading quantum computing hardware and software experts; Not only are they driven to discover the future, but they are also committed to change the world for the better
- Paid parental leave
- Employee discounts
- You will be integral in the design and development of Quantinuum’s state of the art cryogen production and delivery system.
- You will collaborate with the Quantinuum operations team to create solutions and systems that meet the evolving needs of our customers
- You will participate in all phases of facility operations and will be part of a group of hardworking engineers whose expertise ensures engineering support services and site-wide operational business continuity
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Graduating after December 2024; Must continue enrollment in degree program upon completion of the internship
- Applicants for employment for this position must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Quantinuum. (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status)
- Actively pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Design knowledge of turbomachinery, HVAC, plumbing/instrumentation and control systems.
- Knowledge of control system programming – Python, C++ or PLC
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Individuals who are results-oriented and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done despite competing priorities
- Good interpersonal skills, verbal and written
- Validated academic excellence (3.0 GPA and higher)
Compensation & Benefits:
Estimated Salary Wage: $22/hr. to $26/hr.
Quantinuum is an equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.