Applications are invited for spring semester internship candidates interested in in-person academic semester internships with Portman Square Group in the New York, Chicago, Washington DC, and Boise offices. All applications should specify their preferred office location and availability (approximate number of hours of availability per week) in the cover letter.
Portman Square Group ("PSG") is a full-service business intelligence and risk mitigation firm that helps clients overcome business challenges and identify and seize opportunities in today's global economy. Our services include due diligence, investigations and litigation support, asset tracing, strategic and competitive intelligence gathering, risk and threat assessments, security services and cybersecurity support.
Interns provide research and analysis to support due diligence and business intelligence services and work closely with Associates and Senior Associates on a wide range of projects. They must be capable of analyzing highly complex information and be adept at conducting research using online databases and other open source materials.
PSG values its staff and places a high value on candidates who can show drive, resourcefulness, energy and creative problem-solving skills and who work well in a highly collaborative team environment.
In addition, the following skills and experience are highly desired:
- Strong investigative, analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent academic record preferably in one of the following fields: international relations, political science, international business, journalism, history, foreign languages, international studies, foreign/regional interdisciplinary area studies, law/pre-law, criminal justice, intelligence/national security studies, and related disciplines;
- Excellent ability to communicate in writing and orally;
- Research proficiency in Spanish, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Arabic, Hindi, German, Russian and/or other foreign languages;
- Self-starters, team players, and multi-taskers;
- Experience with press, public records, litigation records, and/or similar research databases is highly desired;
- Experience conducting open-source research using a wide variety of sources;
- Professional and efficient approach to administrative duties;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365.
PSG reimburses interns for public transportation costs and encourages all interns to work at least 50% of their hours in the office.
Please apply via Handshake and indicate your preferred office location in your cover letter.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.