Direct Support Professional
Do you have a passion for helping individuals with developmental disabilities? Are you looking for a rewarding career with a company that has a dynamic and inclusive work culture? If the answer is yes, the Adult Day Service Professional position at Meaningful Day Services could be job the you are looking for.
At Meaningful Day Services, we are passionate about creating an inclusive and diverse workplace that values each individual. We believe that diversity in age, race, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion and disability make us stronger and more able to serve our clients and community.
Direct support professionals (DSPs) are people who work directly with individuals with all types of developmental disabilities with the aim of assisting the individual to become integrated into his /her community or the least restrictive environment.
DSPs assists an individual with a developmental disability to lead a self-directed life and contribute to the community, assists with activities of daily living if needed, and encourages attitudes and behaviors that enhance community inclusion. A DSP may provide supports to a person with a disability at home, work, church, and other community places. A DSP also acts as an advocate for individuals with disabilities in communicating their needs, self-expression and goals.
We are currently seeking DSP supports in the following settings:
- Southwest Indianapolis Home: 2 women, low behavioral needs and one with moderate medical needs
- Saturday and Sunday rotating shifts - 7am-3pm and 3-11pm
- Monday and Friday - 3-11pm
- PTO accrual (full time staff)
- Paid Holidays (full time staff)
- Education Reimbursement
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Options
- Floating Holiday (full time staff)
- 401K with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2 Personal/Sick Days per year (full time staff)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Reliable transportation
- Valid Indiana driver's license & auto insurance with $50,000/$100,000 bodily injury & liability limits
- Must be 18 or older
- Ability to work with assigned clients as well as the ability to train and mentor others. This training may include lifting, transferring, and physical management.
Meaningful Day Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.