Part-Time Research Assistant
About the Position:
The Nudelman laboratory is seeking a Research Assistant to join their team. This part-time, grant-funded position will provide support to the Principal Investigator and other research staff, while also working on independent projects. This role will support several projects investigating the multi-omic signatures of neurodegenerative disease and brain injury.
Department Specific Responsibilities:
- Assists with data formatting, processing, and analysis
- Prepares reports and slides
Contributes to drafting of scientific manuscripts and grants
- Bachelor’s degree
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program for Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or related area
- Basic proficiency with Linux, python and/or R
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
In accordance with the IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success, experience in this position will help students become acquainted with the following profiles:
Innovator: Innovator – The ability to design, plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within a specific timeframe.
Communicator: The ability to listen, write, and speak effectively. The ability to assess a
situation, seek multiple perspectives, gather more information if necessary, and identify key
issues that need to be addressed.