Spring 2024 FOX Internship Program - FOX News Media Technical Operations
FOX is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community that attracts the industry’s brightest talent. The FOX Internship Program offers an exciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning for one of the biggest sports, media, and entertainment companies in the world. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which provides valuable work experience and leadership skills.
Please note this internship is offered on-site in Washington, DC.
Our Technical Operations team offers a unique experience for our interns. Working with the Technical Operations team will expose you to our Control Room/Studio Operations, as well as Transmission, Lighting and Editing.
You will be exposed to our prompter systems and software. Our interns will gain exposure to facets of studio operations including teleprompter, studio setup, and other studio positions.
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
- Current class standing of sophomore, (second-year college student) or above
- Strong academic record
- Committed and available to work for the entire length of the program
- Access to own housing and transportation to/from the assigned internship site
STUDENTS SELECTED TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS:
- Must demonstrate knowledge of current events and/or business news
- Submit a 1-page resume (PDF preferred)
- Submit a cover letter (PDF Preferred)
- Explain why your background and experience make you a good fit for our program
- Share your top areas of interest
- Indicate your office location of choice
STUDENTS ACCEPTED INTO THE SPRING 2024 PROGRAM:
Are required to provide a copy of an unofficial transcript or letter from the adviser/registrar showing proof of enrollment
AREAS OF PLACEMENT:
You will be considered for an internship based on the content of your cover letter, as well as your prior experience and interests, as determined during the recruitment process. You may be placed on FOX News Channel or FOX Business Network with the Technical Operations team.
SPRING 2024 SCHEDULE:
General Application Deadline: Sunday, November 26, 2023
Program Timeline: Monday, February 12, 2024 - Friday, April 19, 2024
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 16-24 hours per week
NOTE: Schedules vary based on department needs and your availability. We do our best to work around your class schedule
STANDING OUT AS A TOP CANDIDATE:
Successful students have:
- Knowledge of current FOX programming and talent
- The ability to maintain a professional demeanor when interfacing with talent and executives
- The ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- The ability to work well on teams and collaborative efforts
- Knowledge of the company and news/media industry
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of current events on a national scale
- Knowledge of software systems and programs relevant to your desired area of placement.
- A self-starter attitude and pro-active nature
- Strong attention to detail
FOX Master Classes: A variety of presentations, panels, discussions, and trainings geared toward advancing your knowledge of our company, industry, and software systems
Professional Development Series: A variety of activities geared toward enhancing your professional development
Networking Opportunities: Numerous opportunities to connect with fellow interns and other professionals within the company