Life Scientist/Environmental Engineer/Physical Scientist - R8
This position is in Region 8, Superfund and Emergency Management Division (SEMD), Denver, CO. About: Region 8
This is an office-centered position*--you must physically report to the duty station stated in this announcement on a regular basis.
*Work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized as described in the Benefits section.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- As an On-Scene Coordinator (OSC) you will respond on an emergency basis to the accidental or deliberate release of oil or hazardous materials including biological, chemical and radiological agents or uncontrolled hazardous waste.
- Serve as a warranted Contracting Officer exercising procurement authority in accordance with the specific terms of the Delegation of Procurement Authority (DPA) from the EPA Office of Acquisition Management.
- Conduct official investigations and inspections for both fund-led and enforcement-led removal responses.
- Provide assessment for environmental incidents and determine appropriate emergency response.
- Perform necessary community relations and coordination activities.
- Perform planning, prevention, and preparedness activities related to health and environmental hazards.
- Serve as technical advisor for removal responses.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.