SNY Affiliate, Marketing, & Programming Intern Spring Semester 2024
SNY is an Emmy Award winning, multiplatform regional sports network serving millions of homes throughout the New York Metropolitan area and across the country through unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UConn women’s basketball and all things New York sports.
Interns in the department will assist the Marketing/Programming Staff in various consumer marketing, affiliate marketing, public relations, on-air promotion, program planning and ratings research. Interns will be assigned on-going, daily responsibilities as well as stand-alone projects and will assist with various office and administrative duties. Interns will attend weekly department meetings and various project meetings throughout the semester. Requirements and skills are as follows:
- Assists with management and tracking of marketing campaigns across all mediums.
- Tracks application process for SNY Play Ball community outreach program.
- Works with internal departments and outside agencies on execution of marketing campaigns.
- Helps manage trade partnerships including events, media schedule, and delivery of assets.
- Assists marketing team with network creative around Mets and Jets partnership deliverables.
- Reviews game broadcasts, programming, and social media channels to ensure promotions and key initiatives are executed.
- Assists with creating unique programming schedules as requested by affiliates.
- Keeps up-to-date distributors channel information for internal documents as well as making sure affiliates websites promote SNY correctly.
- Sends affiliates premiums and tickets as needed.
- Create spreadsheets as needed to show year over year comparisons for affiliates (ticket use, incentive programs, marketing participation).
- Helps manage the premium closet and keep track of inventory.
- Assists in creating weekly contingency programming for live sports programming.
- Screens various programming for quality control.
- Assists with creation of monthly schedule grids for VOD, Mets Fast Forward, Closed Captioning.
- Helps work with Master Control on coordinating feed schedules.
- Provides support in creation of schedules and rating analysis projects.
- Inputs monthly schedules into Nielsen scheduling system.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by SNY.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Submit with your application to be consider for this opportunity, Please share why you are interested in this position at SNY and how your experience and career ambitions match with the role in 250 words.
The hourly rate for student interns is $16.00.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing AccessibilitySupport@nbcuni.com.