SNY Media Services Intern Spring Semester 2024
SNY is an Emmy Award winning, multiplatform regional sports network serving millions of homes throughout the New York Metropolitan area and across the country through unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UConn women’s basketball and all things New York sports.
The Library department at SNY is looking for a New York sports fan who is interested in sports news production, editing, organizing, and baseball. You will help us log Mets and Yankees video every day and help us with archiving requests. You’ll also help us with daily organizing of the library. This is a hands on position where you will learn a lot and help us with various projects.
Here are the skills required, along with internship obligations:
- Strong interest in the NY sports, editing, and television production
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and creative skills
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge in editing and AVID Interplay is a plus
- Screening / logging games, press conferences, interviews, and taped programs to prepare for editing
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Meet deadlines and work as part of a team while also being able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Possess great organizational skills and has excellent track record for following through on projects
- SNY is seeking students studying communications or broadcast journalism or any related fields.
- They should also have a strong interest in both digital and televised sports production.
- Proficiency in computers and typing is a must.
- They should also be familiar with the programs currently presented on SNY.
- The must also be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program with a current class standing of junior or above (60 credits).
Submit with your application to be consider for this opportunity, Please share why you are interested in this position at SNY and how your experience and career ambitions match with the role in 250 words.
The hourly rate for student interns is $16.00.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.