Marketing and Event Coordinator Assistant (Internship Eligible)
High Impact Statement:
By incorporating classroom learning into hands-on work experience as well as receiving supervision and coaching, students gain the necessary tools to grow and contribute as professionals.
Essential Job Functions:
Professional and Continuing Education is looking for an energetic and organized Marketing and Event Coordinator Assistant to provide support for staff in Professional and Continuing Education and the Educational Opportunity Center that offers workshops, conferences, and events in multiple formats (in-person, hybrid, and online). In this job, your duties will include assisting with marketing efforts to drive enrollments, event prep and day-of setup, testing equipment needed for training, running general errands to aid the outreach program manager or other members of the team, and some general office duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the PCE team to write engaging and compelling copy for social media posts, press releases, and promotional materials.
- Ensure that all content aligns with the unit’s branding and messaging guidelines.
2. Content Management:
- Enter and schedule social media posts into our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Coordinate with University Communications on press releases.
- Maintain an organized content calendar to ensure timely and consistent posting across various platforms.
3. Email Marketing:
- Work with staff to create and schedule email marketing campaigns using email marketing software and our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Assist in designing visually appealing email templates and graphics.
4. Marketing Process Support:
- Provide assistance in analyzing and documenting the marketing process.
- Assist in identifying areas for improvement and proposing creative solutions.
5. Analytics and Reporting:
- Learn how to review and analyze marketing analytics to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Under the guidance of the assistant director, aid in the preparation of reports with actionable insights to optimize future marketing campaigns.
6. Event Assistance:
- Participate in helping with event logistics, such as setup, registration, and attendee engagement.
- Answer phones to assist customers with registrations.
7. Research and Trend Analysis:
- Learn how to stay updated on industry trends, competitor activities, and best practices in marketing and event management.
- Practice analyzing data and share your findings with the PCE team.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Current student at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside
- High school diploma or GED certificate required
- Able to multitask and manage deadlines
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Practiced in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with or ability to learn various online platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation[EM7]
Career Readiness Competencies:
- Troubleshoot problems and address technical needs
- Demonstrate an attention to detail in all written materials
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to convey ideas
- Contribute to events by collaborating with relevant students, faculty, and staff
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration skills
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Demonstrate a familiarity with Zoom
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and work ethic as part of the professional staff in PCE
- Work responsibly both independently and as part of the team
- Take initiative; be responsible, organized and work well with others
Career & Self-Development:
- Demonstrate career-related skills, strengths, and knowledge
- Apply computer/technical knowledge and skills in all projects
Equity & Inclusion:
- Demonstrate respect and learn from diverse cultures, races, ages, genders, sexual orientations and religions in all interactions with students, staff, and faculty
Salary and Benefits:
Please see the Student Salary Schedule - https://www.uwp.edu/explore/offices/governance/policy106.cfm
Applications must be submitted electronically through our student employment portal, Handshake.
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. All materials must be added at one time, once submitted you may not edit/add to the profile. Please include the following documents:
- Cover Letter