Healthy Living Center Internship (Attn: Public Health & Exercise Science Students)
The Franciscan Health Screening Internship is a community outreach program. We work within the hospital and community providing health education programs and health screenings for the public. The Internship can be either part time or full time, 12 weeks in duration. Intern hours will vary depending on the patient schedule. Evening and weekend hours may be required for health fairs. While being an intern, it is expected that you will follow the Franciscan Values and Mission Statement while employed.
Key Job Functions:
1. Gain a greater comprehension of the Franciscan Health Hospital Operations and Screening Center.
2. Gain a greater comprehension of program planning and implementation.
3. Develop a deeper understanding of early detection health screenings and health prevention.
4. Observe and assist in providing cholesterol screenings, blood pressure, body composition, and health education to screening center patients.
5. Assist with coordinating/running of community outreach events and health fairs.
6. Collaborate and develop the Screening Center health education materials.
7. Establish a semester project, if needed by program.