(#JR6185) Summer 2024 Intern - Operations
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!
Our mission is to build a safer, cleaner, more prosperous world by ensuring no waste is ever wasted.
Covanta is a global leader in providing sustainable waste solutions. The company’s modern facilities convert waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity. In addition, through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta specializes in waste to energy (“WTE”), a vital component of the modern waste stream that diverts waste from landfills and therefore avoids significant greenhouse gas emissions.
As a Covanta intern, you will work on projects that have a real impact on sustainability. Students with a genuine interest in developing a career in renewable energy, sustainability, and waste to energy technology are encouraged to apply!
What You'll Do:
- Environmental and Safety related tasks.
- Environmental Solutions business line project tracking and monitoring.
Who You Are:
- Positive, motivated self-starter who can take an assignment and run with it.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Environmental Sciences, Business, Safety and Health or related discipline.
About Covanta’s Internship Program:
During your internship, you can expect to:
- Work with industry experts and gain valuable knowledge, develop new skills, and establish a network of mentors and business contacts.
- Learn all about Waste to Energy operations at the company.
- Participate in leadership talks, skill building workshops, facility tours, and networking events.
2024 Internship Start Dates:
- May 28, 2024
- June 10, 2024
Competitive hourly rates
Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf). Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.