Senior Deputy Court Clerk
Job Number: 2301364
Department: Recorder's Court Department
Opening Date: 09/28/2023
Closing Date: 10/5/2023 11:59 PM Eastern
The City of Savannah Recorder's Court has opened the door of opportunity for our next Senior Deputy Court Clerk. This is your path towards a new and exciting opportunity to embrace a new beginning! If you're up for the challenge, Recorder's Court department offers you a rewarding career in a fast-paced work environment, career progression and the chance to learn from the best.
As the Senior Deputy Court Clerk, you will perform case management functions for all cases filed in Recorder's Court and assisting with the supervision and oversight of the case management division.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as Case Manager for Misdemeanor and Felony Arraignment hearings.
- Assigns case batches to Case Managers for data entry, when supervisor is away.
- Substitutes in the court room for other Case Managers, in their absence.
- Serves as contact person for Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) in resolving problems with reports to DDS and other matters.
- Trains new case managers and case disposition clerks.
- Enters traffic citations and criminal cases into system.
- Answers telephones as needed.
- Sorts cases for court dockets.
- Generates and attaches subpoenas.
- Runs traffic histories.
- Handles search warrant requests.
- Creates State and Superior Court Committals.
- Sounds dockets in courtroom.
- Prepares school and work excuses.
- Completes Offender-Based Tracking System forms.
- Completes jail commitment forms.
- Assists customers at the service desk as needed.
- Type's clearance letters for the Department of Driver Services.
- Enters DUI citations; creates committals for cases remanded to State Court.
- Type's committals for misdemeanor cases bound over to State Court.
- Drafts and responds to routine correspondence.
- Completes vouchers for attorneys appointed by court.
- Utilizes the Georgia Crime Information Center network as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Associate's degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field plus three (3) years of judicial case management experience, to include handling documents and dealing with customers in a criminal justice and/or court related setting, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; and verification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
- Knowledge of Recorder's Court organization, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of laws affecting court operations.
- Knowledge of modern office management practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of computerized systems operations.
- Knowledge of GCIC rules and regulations.
- Skill in entering data accurately and rapidly.
- Skill in planning and organizing work.
- Skill in operating such office equipment as a computer, copier, and facsimile machine.
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.