Machine Learning Engineering Intern (Graduate - Summer 2024)
You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members as an Intern at Centene. During this 12-week program, you'll learn more about Centene and how we're transforming the health of the community, one person at a time.
- Learn various job functions within the Managed Care industry and explore various career opportunities
- Apply academic knowledge and learn new skills by contributing to various projects
- Communicate project status and results to staff mentors and management
- Research various legal, regulatory, and other topics within functional area and industry
- Attend training and development presentations to enhance professional competencies
The purpose of this internship is to provide hands-on experience and exposure to the field and to help the intern develop skills and knowledge that will be valuable in their future careers.
You will work on real-world projects under the guidance of experienced professionals and may involve tasks such as building and evaluating machine learning models, MLOps Platform, and developing data-driven solutions to business problems. You will be exposed to the end-to-end model and software lifecycle as you work to develop and implement machine learning shared services.
What aspects of the role and team will you be most interested in?
You will work in a highly collaborative team utilizing Agile Scrum and advanced Machine Learning tooling such as Databricks to build predictive models, ML services, and software.
What team/department will I be working on?
You will be working on the Machine Learning team in Centene's Data Science & AI Hub organization
- Programing Languages: Python, R, SQL, Bash
- Operating System: Linux
- Exposure to multiple Machine Learning Techniques e.g., Decision Trees, Random Forrest, XGBoost, Linear Regression, Classification, Clustering, Natural Language Processing, Neural Nets, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, etc.
- Exposure to Machine Learning Frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit, etc.
- Experience with Databricks, Jupyter Notebooks, JupyterHub, RStudio, Containerization (Docker), Kubernetes, Version Control (git), CI/CD, APIs, Batch, Shell scripting, Modeling techniques, Software Development Lifecycles
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline or equivalent undergraduate coursework completed. Must be enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited university or college in a field related to the hiring department through the internship period. Graduate Program in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, or similar program preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.