Part-Time Lab Assistant
- In Dr. Needham's lab in Anatomy, Cell Biology & Physiology, the student will be assisting a postdoc in the lab with two projects, one involving the development of a gut bacterial metabolite detection assay and the other working to characterize phage behavior. The individual will develop a variety of skills in microbiology and biochemistry.
- assist with postdoc in the lab with two projects
- provide assistance and coordination of research and data collection as needed
- enhance skills in microbiology and biochemistry within these projects
- other duties as assigned
- Current enrollment in good standing in IUPUI
- Science major preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes:
- Take ownership of role responsibilities and be proactive working in their role.
- Consistently perform at a high level on assignments
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented
In accordance with the IUPUI Profiles of Learning for Undergraduate Success, experience in this position will help students become acquainted with the following profiles:
- Communicator – Communicators are mindful of themselves and others, observe, read thoughtfully, listen actively, ask questions, create messages with an awareness of diverse audiences, and collaborate with others and across cultures to build relationships.
- Innovator – Innovators are good decision makers, can create a plan to achieve their goals, and can carry out that plan to its completion. Innovators use their knowledge and skills to address complex problems to make a difference in the civic life of communities and to address the world’s most pressing and enduring issues.