This employee will be responsible for the clerical management of information for a Permanency Unit including one or more supervisor(s), caseworkers, and intern(s).
Reports to Permanency Unit Supervisor
Reports to Director of Quality Assurance
Reports to Director of Permanency Services as needed
Reports to CY Administrator IV as needed
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilize quality control in documentation of activities and services provided by the unit(s).
- Utilize database to manage information.
- Employ the use of CYMENU for case materials.
- Create and maintain an MCI spreadsheet.
- Accurately and efficiently transcribe/format dictation utilizing a Dictaphone, written dictation, and typed dictation.
- Regularly file accurately all related correspondence, forms, court reviews, etc. in case records and maintain a spreadsheet of last date filed.
- Maintain case records with current and accurate information provided by caseworkers.
- Prepare reports, court reviews, and various other documents for Agency and Court.
- Create Affidavits for caseworker after petition is mailed.
- Create a Notice of Hearing as needed.
- Add the “date mailed” to the CPP report.
- Cover phones and front desk at the Main Agency and YIC as needed.
- Attend and participate in clerical, unit, and staff meetings.
- Maintain dictation spreadsheet with current information for supervisor and DSS.
- Take closed files to Main Agency and accurately file them in the closed record filing cabinets in a timely manner.
- Create white binder when receiving a new case into the unit and update it with new information as it is received.
- Assist other staff as needed.
OTHER SPECIFIC TASKS OR DUTIES
Other clerical duties as assigned including mail, filing, and other related responsibilities
Train ne clerical and assist existing clerical when necessary.
Assist in formatting and finalizing dependency and release petitions.
Assist in court filing.
Creates the Court Supervisor Schedule and the Mail to 900 Schedule. Also send appointments to the assigned individual’s calendar.
Enters the upcoming court hearings on the court calendar.
Assists in entering court results on the spreadsheet.
Creates court folders, one for each caseworker and one for the court unit..
Completion of a high school business curriculum which included at least one typing/keyboarding course;
Any combination of equivalent experience or training which provided the required knowledge and skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
. Ability to work with the public in a fast paced environment. Ability to work collaboratively with other agency staff. Knowledge of computer systems, office machinery, spreadsheets, word processing and other related programs. Organizational skills are essential.
PA ChildLine, PSP Criminal History, FBI background checks and pre-employment drug screen..
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must have the ability to work independently. Ability to remain seated for extended periods of time. Bending, lifting, turning, and repetitive motion may be necessary.