FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (RECENT GRADUATE)
EXIM's Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government.
The primary responsibilities of the position are to perform higher level financial specialist's duties and assist the supervisor in: pulling data directly out of the Bank's financial systems/databases, executing data fixes in the financial system once they are identified, accurate inputting financial data, and adding analytical bandwidth to the Division as necessary.
At the full performance level, duties include, but are not limited to:
Portfolio Data Management:
- Executes credit intake processing into the Financial Management System-Next Generation (FMS-NG) accounting system and works with both loan officers and monitoring officers to ensure the data is accurate in the system of record.
- Coordinates data validation analysis exercises: recommend and implement fixes to data inaccuracies as found in the Bank's Financial Management System (FMS-NG).
- Creates, modifies, and runs reports from the data systems relating to EXIM's Data Warehouse (ERS), loan and guarantees (FMS), and insurance (EOL).
Portfolio Reporting & Analysis:
- Conducts financial analysis requested by senior management. This will include the use of EXIM's multi-dimensional databases to extract necessary data from the data warehouse, modeling needed scenarios, and compiling findings into a succinct format for use by senior management.
- Compiles and update reports distributed by the Treasurer Division on a regular basis. Prepares portfolio reports and other validation exercises that will be utilized by the Treasurer Division.
- Utilizes various internal databases and writes complex queries to analyze the Bank's portfolio. Furthermore, uses other computer programs to automate various reports for management in the Bank.
- Other duties as assigned.