IT Service Desk Administrator
We are seeking a full-time, customer service oriented, IT Service Desk Administrator to install, configure, upgrade, secure, and troubleshoot software and hardware on Windows and Linux computers in secure and non-secure areas.
This position is on-site at our North Logan facility and non-remote. Office hours will be M-F 8am to 5pm.
SDL offers competitive salaries and fantastic benefits, including:
- Generous paid leisure and sick leave, ensuring you never miss a special event
- A 14.2% employer retirement contribution into a 401(a) account—no matching required!
- Utah State University undergraduate tuition discounts of 50%, full reimbursement for graduate tuition, and free course audits for employees and dependents meeting eligibility requirements
- High-quality, low-cost health, dental, and life insurance
- A great, highly educated team that works together to solve some of the most fascinating problems on (and off) our planet
- We are a growing company that maintains both a family feel and high retention rate with over 90% job satisfaction
- Provide friendly, accurate, and dependable support to SDL employees with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software, phones, printers, mobile devices, and other peripherals
- Review and appropriately assign incoming, unassigned service desk tickets and requests
- Oversee day-to-day internal service and support operations
- Identify improvements to processes and customer productivity
- Collaborate with supervisors and information systems administrators to implement improvements
- Manage user accounts, password changes, and track hardware assets
- Serve as point of escalation for tier II technicians
- Create and update online support documentation and work instructions
- Aid, mentor, and guide full-time and student technicians and provide additional IT related support to SDL employees
- Document all online, telephone, and in-person customer service requests and interactions
- Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a US government security clearance
- Active CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification that meets or exceeds DoD 8570 IAT Level II (or be able to obtain within a maximum of 30 days after hire)
- Ability and desire to continue learning new skills as system needs grow and change
- Excellent, customer service-focused written and verbal communication
- Models a strong work ethic
- Reliable and detail-oriented
- Experience with troubleshooting computer hardware and software
- Able to work 40 hours per week
- 5 or more years’ relevant experience and a BS or
10 or more years’ relevant experience and a High School Diploma
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Knowledge of DoD Security Requirements within classified spaces
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification
- CompTIA Linux+ certification
- Knowledge of Linux environments to include CentOS, RHEL, and Ubuntu
- Active TS or TS/SCI with favorably adjudicated CI Poly
- Comfortable with procedure documentation
SDL supports a variety of missions, including NASA’s vision to reveal the unknown for the benefit of humankind and the Department of Defense’s aim to protect our Nation on the ground, in the air, and in space. Our sensors, satellites, software systems, and science and engineering play an essential role in some important missions you’ve heard of, and others that you haven’t. Join our team in our seventh decade of delivering mission success.
For questions or assistance with the application process or the DoD SkillBridge program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE including Disability and Vet