Investment Analytics & Data Science - 2024 Undergraduate Summer Internship
- Polen Capital’s intern program is open to rising college or university seniors (graduating in December 2024 or Spring 2025)
- 9 weeks beginning in June 2024
- Interns must be able to commit to the full length of the program
- All internships are in person, paid, and include housing and travel assistance
- Polen Capital will be receiving applications until October 6, 2023
- If you are invited to a first-round interview, it will be a one-way interview conducted on Spark Hire. More information on how to use Spark Hire will be provided in the interview invitation
Polen Capital is a global investment management firm advising approximately $65 billion in assets as of August 2023 and providing high value-added active strategies to a wide range of institutional and individual clients around the world. Since 1989, the Firm has been committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional professionals who are aligned with our goal of preserving and growing our clients’ assets to protect their present and enable their future.
Polen Capital has four autonomous investment teams that currently oversee global equities and U.S. credit - the Large Company Growth Team; Small Company Growth Team; Emerging Markets Growth Team; and U.S. High Yield Team – with offices in Boca Raton, Boston, London, and Hong Kong.
Polen Capital has been recognized by Pensions & Investments as one of the industry's "Best Places to Work" in each of the past seven years.
Diversity of thought, unique perspectives, and inclusivity are core beliefs at Polen Capital; we view a diverse workforce as essential in fostering a culture of empathy and open-minded collaboration. At the center of our annual firmwide goals, we look to increase minority representation and leadership of our workforce, as well as foster a culture of belonging, allyship, and inclusion.
As an Undergraduate Summer Intern, you will:
- Gain hands-on exposure to our asset management business, investment philosophy and process
- Participate in leadership and skill-based training, speaker series, and firmwide events alongside full-time employees and fellow Summer Interns
- Collaborate with team members to produce tangible results on projects that are a business imperative to the firm
- Complete a Capstone Project and present results to the firm, in addition to supplemental team project work
Summer Interns may be considered for full-time roles post-graduation.
Analytics & Technology
Investment Analytics & Data Science (Boca Raton, Boston) supports portfolio management and investment research initiatives with statistical, data-driven analyses
- Work directly with investment and data professionals across the company to apply data science, quantitative methods, and advanced analytics to all aspects of the investment and portfolio management process.
- Additional responsibilities will be to enhance the firm’s quantitative efforts in data modeling and analysis, portfolio risk analysis, and client reporting.
- Contribute systematic research, provide data-driven insights for sales and marketing efforts.
- Define the problem statement, collect, and use data to design and implement scalable solutions that inform business and investment decisions, leveraging a wealth of internal and external industry research and data
- Back-test market, fundamental, and other factors to support investment decisions and conduct equity markets research
- Required Skills: Python and SQL, machine learning models, statistics and probability with research on empirical data
Application Period: Applications will be accepted from August 7th, 2023, until October 6th, 2023, 11:59 pm ET. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the next step in the process will be to complete a brief HackerRank Coding test, potentially followed by a one-way video interview assessment.
We strive to maintain an inclusive application process and encourage underrepresented groups, such as women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ community to apply. If we can provide a reasonable accommodation at any point in the interview process, please let us know.
You will receive a response from Polen Capital if you are selected for an interview; please note that we cannot ensure a reply to all applicants.