Are you a PA, NP, CRNA, or Physician that loves a fast paced environment? Then LVHN Emergency Medicine is the department for you!
Board-certified emergency medicine physicians are supported by advanced practice clinicians with emergency care training and specially trained emergency nurses. We have one of the largest emergency medicine residencies in the country, which gives us access to top emergency medicine trainees.
Practice highlights include:
- Large, multi-site employed group of more than 125 emergency physicians, including five toxicologists and more than 60 advanced practice clinicians.
- LVHN treats 300,000 ED patients annually in nine EDs (high-volume EDs: 100,000 patients annually; small-town, community hospital EDs: 30,000 patients annually).
- LVHN–MedEvac provides air and ground critical care transportation.
- Specialized trauma care is provided in our extensive trauma system – the only health system in Pennsylvania with hospitals to earn all four levels of trauma accreditation. Five LVHN hospitals have earned accreditation from the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation as certified trauma centers.
- Level I trauma center at LVH–Cedar Crest is the first trauma center in Pennsylvania and the largest and most comprehensive in the region. LVH–Muhlenberg is a Level II trauma center, LVH–Pocono is a Level III trauma center, LVH–Hazleton and LVH–Hecktown Oaks are Level IV trauma centers.
- LVHN’s Regional Burn Center is the only one in northeastern Pennsylvania certified by the American Burn Association and the American College of Surgeons.
- Physicians are eligible for academic appointment through the SELECT program (Scholarly Excellence. Leadership Experiences. Collaborative Training.), a medical education program created by the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine and LVHN.
- Lehigh Valley Reilly Children’s Hospital has the region’s only 24/7 emergency room dedicated to children. Located at LVH–Cedar Crest and built just for kids, the 27-bed Breidegam Family Children’s ER is staffed by board-certified pediatric emergency medicine physicians who skillfully and compassionately care for ill and injured kids.