Engineer I, Water/Wastewater
RK&K is looking to hire a creative and motivated Engineer with a focus in water distribution/sewer collection to join our Transportation team in Raleigh, NC. As an engineer with our utilities team, you will design and development plans for the relocation of water and sanitary sewer facilities impacted by roadway projects throughout North Carolina.
- Analyze existing water and sanitary sewer facilities for conflicts with proposed roadway, drainage, traffic control and structure designs. Coordinate with other design disciplines to eliminate conflicts when possible
- Prepare plans, specifications and estimates for water and sanitary sewer relocations due to impacts from NCDOT and Municipal projects.
- Assist with the preparation and review of environmental impacts, and permit applications, and construction permit applications, reports, and drawings.
- Coordinate with in-house disciplines on Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build transportation projects to deliver holistic efficient designs
- Occasional field investigations and project on-site meetings required
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Zero (0) to Two (2) years of Engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or related (STEM)
- E.I.T Engineer in Training preferred or ability to acquire within 1 year
- Microstation or AutoCad experience is plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or similar applications for documents and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills are required
What We Offer
RK&K offers excellent potential for career advancement and professional growth. We also offer attractive compensation packages commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Hybrid work (home and office)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health , dental , vision , life and disability insurances
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness programs and employee resource groups
- Career Development
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Paid Holidays
- Much Much more!
As a full-service engineering and construction management firm, RK&K gives you the opportunity to directly impact the communities in which we live and work. What sets RK&K apart is an award-winning culture that has fostered a spirit of collaboration and trust for over 100 years. To its clients, the firm delivers concepts, processes, and outcomes that are designed for success. RK&K has earned its reputation as a trusted partner, responsive employer, and community steward.
Design your career at RK&K, Apply Today!