Engineer I, Structures / Bridges
RK&K has an opportunity for an entry-to-mid level Structural/Bridge Engineer to join our team in Virginia. As a Structural Bridge Engineer with RK&K you will prepare designs for bridges and other transportation related structures for a variety of projects and clients. Provide preliminary concepts to final construction plans. You will also provide structural condition inspections of bridges and structures following NBIS guidelines.
- Design structural components of bridges, box culverts, retaining walls and related structures
- Provide expertise in geometric layout and quantity development
- Calculate bridge load ratings
- Draft inspection reports
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team across RK&K’s portfolio
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in civil engineering or structural engineering
- Registration as an EIT (FE passed) or the ability to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Experience or willingness to learn software such as: VDOT Engineering Software, STADD Pro, VBent, MicroStation, OpenBridge Designer, various other structural programs
- Effective, professional oral and written communication
- Must be able to work in the field as needed and willing to perform bridge inspections in NC
- Previous internship experience in structural or transportation engineering preferred, not required
- NBIS Bridge Inspection Training preferred
This job description indicates the general nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under ADA) expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities and duties required by the employee. Other duties are assigned as required.
What We Offer:
RK&K offers excellent potential for career advancement and professional growth. We also offer attractive compensation packages commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Hybrid work (home and office)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness programs and employee resource groups
- Career Development
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Paid Holidays
- Much Much more!
As a full-service engineering and construction management firm, RK&K gives you the opportunity to directly impact the communities in which we live and work. What sets RK&K apart is an award-winning culture that has fostered a spirit of collaboration and trust for over 100 years. To its clients, the firm delivers concepts, processes, and outcomes that are designed for success. RK&K has earned its reputation as a trusted partner, responsive employer, and community steward.
Design your career at RK&K, Apply Today!