Engineer I, Water Resources
RK&K is currently hiring an Engineer to join our environmental water resources team in Baltimore, MD. As an Engineer at RK&K you will support multiple County and Municipal projects alongside a team of experienced engineers across our entire company/ Projects include, but are not limited to: green infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, watershed planning and studies, environmental restoration and stabilization design including stormwater management and stream restoration, and hydraulics/hydrology.
What you'll do:
- Deliver world class solutions to our existing portfolio of public/private sector stream/water resources customers
- Proactively deliver a wide range of water resource projects including stream remediation, shoreline stabilization including living shorelines, stream crossings, scour analysis, storm water systems, flood studies, watershed plans, and erosion/sediment control, in accordance with the scope, schedule, and budget set by the Project Manager.
- Develop, evaluate complex stormwater management facilities to support commercial, industrial, residential, or public works infrastructure projects across RK&K’s vast portfolio
- Provide excellent client services with a focus on quality and timeliness
- Report to a Project Manager and/or Sr. Project Engineer, meet and work directly with other design team members, project engineers, design technicians, drafters, surveyors, contractors, inspectors, public agency officials, and clients.
- Assist with civil engineering plans and design reviews in: AutoDesk Civil3D, MicroStation, In Roads and GIS while applying knowledge of local, state, and federal design standards
- Provide office and site visit support for projects in construction
- Detail project analysis and prepare permit applications for oversight agencies to address the full range of environmental issues and conditions associated with water resources projects
- Grow in experience to lead tasks, plan budgets, manage subcontractors
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil or environmental engineering (or similar)
- Zero (0) - Two (2) years of experience in environmental water resources and stream project management
- Excellent Communication skills and attention to details with a team-work attitude is a must
- Experience with preparation of construction plans and specifications,
- Floodplain analysis utilizing HEC-RAS software,
- Experience with MicroStation, AutoCAD, and GIS
- Successful completion of F.E./E.I.T
- Prior internship experience with a civil engineering consulting firm or agency
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What We Offer
RK&K offers excellent potential for career advancement and professional growth. We also offer attractive compensation packages commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Hybrid work (home and office)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health , dental , vision , life and disability insurances
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Paid Holidays
- Much Much more!
As a full-service engineering and construction management firm, RK&K gives you the opportunity to directly impact the communities in which we live and work. What sets RK&K apart is an award-winning culture that has fostered a spirit of collaboration and trust for over 100 years. To its clients, the firm delivers concepts, processes, and outcomes that are designed for success. RK&K has earned its reputation as a trusted partner, responsive employer, and community steward.
Design your career at RK&K, Apply Today!