Engineer I, Transportation Design
RK&K is a leading full service engineering firm dedicated to delivering innovative infrastructure solutions to the communities that we serve. We are hiring an Engineer I to join our transportation / highway design division in Wilmington DE. As an Engineer I on our highway team, you will be responsible for designing and managing multi-modal transportation design projects for departments of transportation and local municipalities. Your work will involve developing cost-effective, safe, and sustainable designs that enhance mobility, safety, and quality of life for communities across RK&K’s Nationwide portfolio.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop detailed multi-modal highway and roadway design plans
- Utilize engineering software and tools such as Microstation, OpenRoad Designer, InRoads, AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Bluebeam and others to create and evaluate design alternatives
- Perform a wide variety of engineering tasks such as: data collection, engineering studies and analysis, development of concepts, designs, cost estimates
- Prepare engineering drawings and create specifications for transportation/civil design tasks including; roadway, interchanges, intersections, parking, sidewalks, trails, grading, drainage, utilities, traffic control and sediment control in accordance with local, state and federal design guidelines, standards, specifications and regulations
- Conduct thorough site assessments and engineering analyses to ensure compliance with regulations and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification or the ability to obtain/pass the FE within 6 months of hire
- Experience or exposure to transportation, highway/roadway design
- Basic knowledge of MicroStation, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and other relevant engineering software
- Basic knowledge of federal, state, and local transportation regulations and standards
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Prior internship experience with an engineering consulting firm or DOT
- DelDOT experience
This job description indicates the general nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under ADA) expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities and duties required by the employee. Other duties are assigned as required.
What We Offer:
RK&K offers excellent potential for career advancement and professional growth. We also offer attractive compensation packages commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Hybrid work (home and office)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness programs and employee resource groups
- Career Development
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Paid Holidays
- Much Much more!
As a full-service engineering and construction management firm, RK&K gives you the opportunity to directly impact the communities in which we live and work. What sets RK&K apart is an award-winning culture that has fostered a spirit of collaboration and trust for over 100 years. To its clients, the firm delivers concepts, processes, and outcomes that are designed for success. RK&K has earned its reputation as a trusted partner, responsive employer, and community steward.
Design your career at RK&K, Apply Today!