PLEASE APPLY THE JOB THROUGH ABOVE LINK
Senior Internal Auditor I (Moscow)
Posting Begin Date: 08/23/2023
Posting End Date: 10/05/2023
Category: Accounting and Finance
Sub Category: Audit
Work Type: Full Time
Remote: Flexible Hybrid
Location: Moscow, ID, United States
Minimum Salary: 30.65
Maximum Salary: 33.66
Pay Rate Type: Hourly
Senior Internal Auditor I (Moscow)
Pay range: $30.65 - $33.66 Hourly, $63,752 - $70,012.80 Annually
The Idaho State Board of Education (Board) is established in the Idaho Constitution for the “general supervision of the state educational institutions and public school system.” State law charges the Board with the general supervision, governance and control of public schools and postsecondary institutions, including the community colleges. The Board is comprised of eight members: seven appointed by the Governor, as well as the statewide elected superintendent of public instruction. The Office of the State Board of Education (OSBE) is charged with providing professional staff support to the Board and implementing the Board’s policies and initiatives.
This position will be located in Moscow, Idaho, and work at the University of Idaho campus.
The Senior Internal Auditor an experienced internal auditor. With moderate supervision, the Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for planning individual audit engagements and is expected to be able to perform assigned audits or components of audits with minimal supervision from a Systemwide Internal Audit Manager and/or the Chief Audit Executive. This includes documenting, evaluating and testing internal controls for the area subject to audit and identifying and providing recommendations to improve management of risks that may prevent the achievement of objectives as well identifying areas that are out of compliance with applicable laws, regulations or University policies. Audit work is not limited to financial operations and could include operational, sponsored program, compliance or information technology audits. Audit work may be performed at any campus within the Idaho Higher Education System. The Senior Internal Auditor may also be responsible for special projects, components of special projects or other tasks as directed by the Internal Audit Manager and/or Chief Audit Executive.
Example of Duties:
- With minimal supervision from Systemwide Internal Audit Manager and/or the Chief Audit Executive, performs all aspects of complex internal audits or special projects.
- With minimal supervision from Internal Audit Managers and/or the Chief Audit Executive, is able to design and execute audit procedures to achieve audit engagement objectives.
- Regularly, and with moderate supervision, leads audit projects and reviews the work of other auditors.
- Must reasonably complete all audit assignments within hourly budgets and due dates, and in accordance with department and professional standards with minimal supervision from the Systemwide Internal Audit Manager and/or Chief Audit Executive.
- Monitors progress and status of projects, including work of self and assigned staff, to ensure project is completed within hourly budgeted timeframes and due dates; immediately informs manager of any unexpected budget or due date issues along with revised estimates of completion; informs Systemwide Internal Audit Manager of opportunities to perform work beyond what was assigned.
- Leads assigned staff and conveys performance expectations in a clear and effective manner providing feedback and guidance throughout the assigned project; provides feedback and opportunities for improvement to assigned staff at end of audit or project with assistance of Systemwide Internal Audit Manager and/or Chief Audit Executive.
- Completes and documents fieldwork in accordance with approved Project Scope and Budget Memo and approved audit programs in accordance with department and professional standards.
- Reviews audit work papers for completeness and accuracy.
- Leads discussion of findings and recommendations with clients; reviews all findings and recommendations with Systemwide Internal Audit Manager and/or Chief Audit Executive and prepares draft report.
- Communicates verbally and in writing to internal staff and management, with State of Idaho institutional employees and externals as may be necessary.
- The Senior Internal Auditor is expected to foster and maintain good working relationships with clients.
- The Senior Internal Auditor prepares draft reports on projects.
- Under close supervision, may perform portions of investigations to address allegations of fraud, waste or abuse.
- The Systemwide Internal Audit Manager is expected to maintain professional certifications and to meet professional development requirements established by the IIA. Professional development includes participation in department approved professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting or related field
- 2 years of internal auditing in higher education OR 4 years of professional auditing experience (internal or external)
- Strong knowledge of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) professional standards and/or AICPA Generally Accepted Audit Standards and the ability to apply these standards to audit work.
- Strong knowledge of the Committee of Sponsoring Organization (COSO) internal control integrated framework, information technology controls and fraud prevention controls.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to extract and analyze data from ERP systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to adhere to strict independence and conflict of interest requirements established by the department.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Accounting
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential (or ability to gain credential upon hire)
- Higher education industry experience, preferably with an Idaho institution of higher education.
- Knowledge of sponsored program processes, rules and regulations
Special Notification: This position is exempt from rules of classified service under provisions of Section 67-5303, Idaho Code. This position is educational professional exempt from overtime. Successful applicant will be required to pass background check.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (with at least two current or former supervisors) via the State of Idaho jobs website application link. Questions about the position or the application process can be directed to Michelle Curry, Human Resource Specialist, Sr. at (208) 332-1568 or email@example.com. Hiring managers are continuously considering applications for this position. Depending on your qualifications, you may be contacted shortly after your application has been submitted.
The State of Idaho offers a robust total compensation package, including medical, vision, and dental insurance; PERSI retirement benefits; paid sick, vacation, and parental leave; and 11 paid holidays per year. This position is eligible for reduced tuition and fees at institutions under State Board of Education governance. This position is also eligible for a flex/hybrid work schedule, at supervisor’s discretion. For additional information related to benefits and/or State programs, please visit https://dhr.idaho.gov/StateEmployees/Benefits.html.
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.enior Internal Auditor I (Moscow) in Moscow, Idaho, United States