Graduate systems engineer
From the moment you join us, you will be immersed in a team of exceptional consultants, project managers, and specialists ready to support you in your career. Alongside the team, you will be assigned to a variety of projects in your chosen area of interest, working to deliver sustainable outcomes for our clients and the communities they serve.
With guidance from a professional engineer, your responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Developing conceptual, preliminary, and detailed designs
- Attending site inspections, investigations, and monitoring
- Actively participating in project, client and team meetings
- Reviewing, preparing, and modifying designs
- Analyzing reports, specifications, and studies
- Gaining exposure to project, commercial, and client management
- Undertaking a ‘digital by default’ approach in deliverables
- Actively participating in our ‘Early Careers Professional’ Network
- Supporting our ‘Purpose’ in everything you do
As a graduate engineer you will support the delivery of major infrastructure projects which may include:
- The design and construction of a $3.8 billion expansion for the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel.
- The creation of a masterplan for a JFK Airport that could handle 100 million passengers per year in 2050, and program planning for $10 billion of near-term developments.
- The $3.1 billion Seattle/Federal Way Link Extension adding 12.6km of track and three new stations to the Link LRT.
We are looking for candidates with a genuine passion to create sustainable, social outcomes for communities and a desire to strive for excellence. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To be considered for this position, you’ll need:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or computer science from an accredited university
- Demonstrable interest in systems engineering through relevant experience, such as your field of study, internships, volunteering, or relevant association memberships
- Methodical approach to problem solving to undertake tasks efficiently and independently
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members
- Wonderful written communication and attention to detail, with an ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred
- Superb understanding of relevant technologies, such as AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, etc.