Job ID 15010
Are you looking for an exciting career in software development? Come join a high performing software development team with leading edge technology. The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) is seeking a software engineer to become a part of our team. We are the world leaders in developing frameworks that support high speed image processing and distribution of image products. Our team implements an iterative software development methodology, providing solutions to our customer at regular intervals. Candidates should possess familiarity in one or more of the following areas: software design, real-time processing, APIs, signal processing, GPU processing, graphics, data visualization, and database design.
At the Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL), we support a variety of missions, including NASA’s vision to reveal the unknown for the benefit of humankind and the Department of Defense’s aim to protect our Nation on the ground, in the air, and in space. Our sensors, satellites, software systems, and science and engineering play an essential role in some important missions you’ve heard of, and others that you haven’t. Join our team in our seventh decade of delivering mission success.
At SDL, we take pride in and highly value our employees. SDL offers competitive salaries and fantastic benefits, including:
- Flexible work schedules that fit your style—every Friday off, every other Friday off, hybrid remote work, or simply traditional hours
- Generous paid leisure and sick leave, ensuring you never miss a special event
- Favorable company locations with average commute times of less than 15 minutes
- High-quality, low-cost health, dental, and life insurance
- A 14.2% employer retirement contribution into a 401(a) account—no matching required!
- Utah State University undergraduate tuition discounts of 50%, full reimbursement for graduate tuition, and free course audits for employees and dependents meeting eligibility requirements
- A great, highly educated team that works together to solve some of the most fascinating problems on (and off) our planet
- We are a growing company that maintains both a family feel and high retention rate with over 90% job satisfaction
- Relocation assistance available for most positions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 6 or more years of related experience (4+ years of experience with a master’s degree)
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Strong computing background and can demonstrate capabilities in software engineering
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and with a team
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- US citizenship required along with the ability to obtain and hold a U.S. Government security clearance
- Some travel may be required
- Embedded development
- Experience with GUI development
- Messaging frameworks
- Networking and network protocols
For questions or assistance with the application process or the DoD SkillBridge program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE including Disability and Vet