Merck Manufacturing Intern Elkton, VA
The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Manufacturing Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Our Company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Our intern program features internships that last 10-12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These assignments can provide you with great development opportunities and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals. Examples of projects and assignment areas include:
- In-line product support in technical operations, manufacturing operations, quality operations
- Maintain products at a high level of performance and regulatory compliance
- Execute strategic projects to enhance our World Class Supply posture – decrease inventory, shorten cycle times, lower costs
- Analyze and solve problems
- Maintain manufacturing processes at high levels of performance
- Engineer plant site improvements to enhance safety, quality and the environment
- Optimize existing processes to achieve improvements in process quality, yield and efficiency
If you are the kind of individual who thrives on challenge and possess the technical, leadership and business skills that are of value to our business, we invite you to apply.
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a sophomore or junior level curriculum, working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Biochemical Engineering, Biological Systems Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or Biotechnology.
- Candidate must be able to work a minimum of 10-week Internship beginning in May or June of 2024
- Candidates must have superior technical competency as demonstrated by excellent academic record and work achievements
- Candidates must have strong communication skills, personal character, and ethics
- Candidates must have leadership accomplishments achieved through direct leadership roles or leading by influence
- Candidates must be U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have work experience in a business, manufacturing or industrial setting
- Candidates must have GPA 3.20 or higher
- Candidates should have familiarity with cGMP and its application
- Candidates should have delivery results in a multi-functional, multi-disciplinary environment.
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is dedicated to being the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create a reliable global manufacturing network that’s devoted to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.