We are seeking a Mid-Level Environmental Scientist familiar with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) to provide full time on-site support at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Tacoma, WA.
- Provide comprehensive technical and managerial support for NEPA compliance at JBLM.
- Coordinate environmental issues and mitigation requirements to branches with Directorate of Public Works and other entities.
- Determine environmental variables for possible impacts on federal actions that involve strategic planning, community, master planning, engineering studies, and stationing actions on the military installations.
- Write environmental conditions of property site surveys, environmental baseline surveys, records of environmental considerations, environmental assessments and environmental impact statements, as applicable for all projects.
- Present, facilitate, coordinate and prepare presentation materials for meetings with stakeholders for projects initiated at military installations.
- Coordinate Programs with forestry operations, endangered species management, Cultural Resources, Installation Restoration Program/Solid Waste Management Unit sites, Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and fish and game management.
- Analyze engineering plans, GIS data, and other project specific documents to determine depth and scope of potential environmental impacts such as impacts to endangered species, cultural resources, Installation Restoration Program/Solid Waste Management Unit sites, landfills, wetlands, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in in Environmental Science or related field and a minimum 2 years of experience of applicable experience.
- Experience writing NEPA documents preferred but experience writing technical documents acceptable.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) proficiency a plus.
- Direct experience with DoD, preferably Army and Air Force environmental programs is highly desired.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Motivated, outgoing self-starters requested. Must be able to successfully pass a federal agency background investigation.
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to work independently and meet strict government and regulatory reporting requirements.
Why AGEISS Inc.:
AGEISS Inc. is a successful Federal consulting firm offering a full range of comprehensive employee benefits.
About AGEISS Inc:
AGEISS provides engineering, environmental, and advisory and assistance services to Federal agencies nationwide and overseas. Since our inception in 1988, AGEISS continues to expand its professional services while earning exceptional levels of customer satisfaction. AGEISS’ headquarters is in Colorado with additional locations nationwide as well as international.
Please submit application, resume, references, and salary requirements on AGEISS’ career page at http://www.ageiss.com/careers/. Starting annual salary $60,000 (calculates to $28.85/hour).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, vets.