Student Trainee (Admin) - National Security
Please note: Trust determination process for this position requires National security
This process determines if your employment would constitute a risk to national security.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) invites students to apply to our Intern positions. The ideal candidates are current Certificate Program, Undergraduate or Graduate students who demonstrate innovation and self-initiative. You will have an opportunity to train and develop your skills in career fields such as human resources, policy, healthcare, insurance, retirement, or information technology and have a positive impact on the people and communities that OPM serves.
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
This is a temporary - flexible part-time/full time- Intern position.
What You May Be Doing:
As a Student Trainee, you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of tasks and projects. Some of the responsibilities you may undertake include:
- Offering administrative and technical support to senior management, which involves assessing documents for timeliness, procedural accuracy, completeness, and responsiveness.
- Creating, monitoring, and tracking correspondence, reports, and noteworthy items.
- Addressing general inquiries and administrative concerns, or alerting the relevant staff member to gather the required information for a response.
- Arranging and upkeeping systems.
- Analyzing situations and information for problem-solving.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Recognizing the need for innovative approaches.
- Proficient in using computer software, including Microsoft applications.
- Competence in gathering, assembling, and analyzing data to formulate solutions.
The Skills to be Successful as a Student Trainee:
To excel as a Student Trainee, you should possess the following skills and qualities:
- Ability to work smart, driving projects, meeting deadlines, and achieving goals.
- Proactive nature and bias for action.
- Attention to detail, precision, and ability to handle tasks with high accuracy.
- Flexibility, creativity, curiosity, and willingness to take initiative.
- Quick and adaptable learner, comfortable with ambiguity and dynamic change.
- Ability to inspire trust, build relationships quickly, and earn the confidence and cooperation of business partners.
- High standards, integrity, and ethics.
What We're Looking For:
To be considered for the Student Trainee position, you should meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an educational institution.
- Strong team player while also demonstrating independent thinking.
- Ability to work under deadlines, organize tasks, and multitask effectively.
- Robust analytical skill set.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Endless curiosity and a penchant for thinking outside the box.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products.
- Attentive to team needs, providing rapid and high-quality responsiveness to requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, maintaining rapport with team members and professionalism with others outside of the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrating a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Capable of identifying and completing tasks independently, with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Demonstrated success in maintaining high personal work standards.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Strong presentation skills to audiences comprising all levels of leadership.
- Highly motivated and self-starter, able to work autonomously and effectively drive forward the work assigned.
If you possess these skills and qualities, we encourage you to apply for this exciting Student Trainee opportunity.