Student Trainee (Pharmacy Technical Support)
This is an indefinite, part-time, intern position in the Healthcare and Insurance , Office of Personnel Management. If selected, you will be responsible for assisting in the analysis and the design of pharmacy benefits among Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) plans and recommend changes to better control drug use and cost.
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
This is an Indefinite - part-time Intern position.
What You May Be Doing:
As a Student Trainee, you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of tasks and projects. Some of the responsibilities you may undertake include:
- Enhance the design of pharmacy benefits in Federal Employee Health Benefit (FEHB) plans to improve drug management and cost control. Analyze FEHB drug utilization trends and formularies, then present findings and recommendations to address pharmacy-related challenges.
- Contribute to studies aimed at improving outcome measures in pharmaceutical use and health system methodologies with a track record of benefitting patients and the healthcare system.
- Utilize information from pharmaceutical and medical compendia, literature, references, and clinical guidelines to support preventive care and chronic disease management. Evaluate access and coverage of pharmaceutical products.
- Examine technical, scientific, and medical data to inform agency pharmacy policy reviews. Identify emerging trends and innovations in pharmacy within both public and private healthcare sectors.
- Participate in internal and external meetings with Federal agencies, Pharmacy accreditation organizations, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) organizations, professional pharmacy associations, and other stakeholders to discuss pharmacy quality and patient safety matters.
- Collaborate in meetings with OPM health economists and actuaries to analyze pharmacy data and contribute content for senior leadership reports.
The Skills to be Successful as a Student Trainee:
To excel as a Student Trainee, you should possess the following skills and qualities:
- Ability to work smart, driving projects, meeting deadlines, and achieving goals.
- Proactive nature and bias for action.
- Attention to detail, precision, and ability to handle tasks with high accuracy.
- Flexibility, creativity, curiosity, and willingness to take initiative.
- Quick and adaptable learner, comfortable with ambiguity and dynamic change.
- Ability to inspire trust, build relationships quickly, and earn the confidence and cooperation of business partners.
- High standards, integrity, and ethics.
What We're Looking For:
To be considered for the Student Trainee position, you should meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an educational institution.
- Strong team player while also demonstrating independent thinking.
- Ability to work under deadlines, organize tasks, and multitask effectively.
- Robust analytical skill set.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Endless curiosity and a penchant for thinking outside the box.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products.
- Attentive to team needs, providing rapid and high-quality responsiveness to requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, maintaining rapport with team members and professionalism with others outside of the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrating a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Capable of identifying and completing tasks independently, with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Demonstrated success in maintaining high personal work standards.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Strong presentation skills to audiences comprising all levels of leadership.
- Highly motivated and self-starter, able to work autonomously and effectively drive forward the work assigned.If you possess these skills and qualities, we encourage you to apply for this exciting Student Trainee opportunity.