Student Trainee (Admin)
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) invites students to apply to our Intern positions. The ideal candidates are current Certificate programs and undergraduate or Graduate students who demonstrate innovation and self-initiative. You will have an opportunity to train and develop your skills in career fields such as human resources, policy, healthcare, insurance, retirement, or information technology and have a positive impact on the people and communities that OPM serves.
What You May Be Doing:
As a Student Trainee, you will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of tasks and projects. Some of the responsibilities you may undertake include:
- Participating in the quality review of SharePoint, OneDrive libraries, and databases.
- Assisting with the research and development of procedures, processes, and presentations.
- Engaging in customer engagement, business development, and outreach activities.
- Presenting findings for projects and assignments.
- Participating in team meetings and collaborating with colleagues.
- Liaising with other employees to resolve information or project requests.
- Compiling and analyzing information to develop reports, proposals, or documents.
- Maintaining accurate documentation and records for all assigned projects.
- Engaging with peers and team members to obtain the knowledge needed to complete projects.
- Following all current standards utilized by your team.
- Complying with all agency privacy and data security policies and practices.
- Leveraging enterprise project management principles and concepts.
- Communicating clearly to a wide range of stakeholders through verbal and written means.
- Using analytical and problem-solving skills to organize and prioritize projects and tasks.
- Ensuring projects adhere to defined scope, budget, schedule, and other project boundaries.
- Supporting the communication of operational dashboards and roadmaps to various levels of leadership and key stakeholders.
- Tracking project progress and following up with accountable parties.
- Gathering feedback and proposing process improvement recommendations.
- Assisting with enhancing and improving work products.
- Assisting in coordinating and conducting a comprehensive Business Process Analysis (BPA) and Business Impact Analysis (BIA) of essential functions.
- Assisting program managers in coordinating and implementing training, testing, and exercise efforts.
The Skills to be Successful as a Student Trainee:
To excel as a Student Trainee, you should possess the following skills and qualities:
- Ability to work smart, driving projects, meeting deadlines, and achieving goals.
- Proactive nature and bias for action.
- Attention to detail, precision, and ability to handle tasks with high accuracy.
- Flexibility, creativity, curiosity, and willingness to take initiative.
- Quick and adaptable learner, comfortable with ambiguity and dynamic change.
- Ability to inspire trust, build relationships quickly, and earn the confidence and cooperation of business partners.
- High standards, integrity, and ethics.
What We're Looking For:
To be considered for the Student Trainee position, you should meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an educational institution.
- Strong team player while also demonstrating independent thinking.
- Ability to work under deadlines, organize tasks, and multitask effectively.
- Robust analytical skill set.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Endless curiosity and a penchant for thinking outside the box.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products.
- Attentive to team needs, providing rapid and high-quality responsiveness to requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, maintaining rapport with team members and professionalism with others outside of the team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrating a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Capable of identifying and completing tasks independently, with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Demonstrated success in maintaining high personal work standards.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Strong presentation skills to audiences comprising all levels of leadership.
- Highly motivated and self-starter, able to work autonomously and effectively drive forward the work assigned.
If you possess these skills and qualities, we encourage you to apply for this exciting Student Trainee opportunity.