Engineer I/II/III Quality Assurance Analyst (hybrid)
Dominion Energy is seeking motivated and experienced Engineering candidates to be part of the Electric Transmission Quality Assurance group. Multiple positions are available, which will be filled at the level commensurate with the successful candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Candidates are to indicate their preferences at which level they are applying for (please select all which candidate would like to be considered for).
All positions are located in Glen Allen, VA. Positions are available within two of our core engineering teams: Substation Engineering or Transmission Lines Engineering. Candidates are to indicate their team preference/s and will be considered for the team which they choose (please select all which candidate would like to be considered for).
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Interface with field teams gathering substation related or transmission lines related equipment ratings data. Field teams are involved in active construction and other work activities in the field such as Primary disconnect switches, breakers, transformers, wavetraps, bus work, and conductors.
• Compare this information to existing databases and drawings for accuracy.
• Record and research any discrepancies discovered.
• Correct any errors on drawings in the relevant computer systems.
• Sign off drawings for accuracy which allows equipment to be energized.
• Interface with NERC compliance team to evaluate different discrepancies discovered and how to remediate them from happening in the future.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications. Military service members and veterans with ranks from E3-E9, W1-W5, or O1-O6, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined above
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
Engineer I: 0-2+ years of relevant engineering experience.
Engineer II: 3+ years of relevant engineering experience.
Engineer III: 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Knowledge of engineering theories and principles.
- Competency in applying engineering principles, fundamental concepts, practices and procedures requiring some evaluation, originality and/or ingenuity to achieve project objectives.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to serve as team project lead.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (includes technical writing).
- Strong personal computer skills.
- Ability to think analytically and solve complex problems.
- Ability to interpret codes, regulations and practices.
- Knowledge of various computer applications, with the ability to manipulate personal computer applications and perform engineering calculations using applicable software programs (e.g. Matlab, Excel, etc.).
- Equally effective working independently or in team environment.
- Proven decision making skills.
- Ability to process information quickly and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Strong planning, organizational and project management skills
REQUIRED ENGINEERING CRITERIA:
For placement of a candidate in the Engineer job series, the following criteria must be met:
- Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program based on the year that the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
- Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an institution outside of the U.S. which is accredited through the country's own Engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by the country's accrediting body on or after the date that full signatory status was achieved, or
- Possess a 4-year degree in Engineering (non-ABET accredited), Physics, Chemistry, Math or Engineering Technology and a post-graduate Engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same Engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based on the year the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
- Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license.
Levels in Series:
- Level I: Developmental, entry-level job series
- Level II: Fully competent in job series.
- Level III: Senior, highest proficiency level in series.
Required degree (equivalency not accepted in lieu of required degree):
*** We are considering applicants with an anticipated graduation date of December 2023.