Spring 2024 Operations & Administration Intern
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC in Atlanta office was established in 1979 and has resettled over 27,000 refugees from 50 countries into the Greater Atlanta area. As the largest refugee resettlement agency in Georgia, the IRC in Atlanta resettles an average of 1,000 refugees into Georgia annually and provides additional services and assistance to another 2,500 refugees and asylees.
SCOPE OF ADMINISTRATION & OPERATIONS INTERN WORK:
Work with the Operations team to provide administrative and operational support within the IRC Georgia and Florida offices. Assist with administrative tasks, operational tasks, and various other related duties. This intern will report to the Administrative Assistant and the Operations Coordinator. This position is an unpaid internship and requires a minimum of 15 hours a week for at least three months.
- Support Administrative Assistant with managing reception materials, answering client questions, and direct requests to appropriate staff members.
- Assist with maintaining the reception area and lobby in a neat and professional manner.
- Assist with liaising with office and equipment maintenance providers and other external parties as needed to support office operations.
- Assist in covering the front desk for the Administrative Assistant.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking skills, time management skills, and ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Able to communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Applications.
- Previous administrative experience preferred.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; bilingual language skills a plus.