Spring 2024 Compliance Officer Intern
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 24 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC in Atlanta office was established in 1979 and has resettled over 27,000 refugees from 67 countries into the Greater Atlanta area. As the largest refugee resettlement agency in Georgia, the IRC in Atlanta resettles an average of 250 refugees into Georgia annually and provides additional services and assistance to another 2,500 refugees, immigrants and asylees.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Compliance Intern reports directly to the Compliance team and supports efforts under the IRC in Atlanta. Post-Award Grants Compliance ensures that the IRC in Atlanta remains in compliance with local, federal, and internal regulations pertaining to refugee resettlement and funding practices. This position is an unpaid internship and requires a minimum of 15 hours a week for at least three months.
- Assist in developing and implementing a compliance program to ensure the organization operates in accordance with state and federal laws
- Assist Compliance Officers; Assist in Determining compliance metrics per contract and establish a system of tracking.
- Assists in signing off on any grant reporting outcomes/deliverables.
- Remain up to date on federal and state laws, contracts and partnership agreement related to the organization.
- Assist in performing compliance audits or monitoring to determine whether establish processes and data requirements per grant are followed and provide continuous improvement.
- Maintain up to date written or eligibility documentation, and policies related to the organization's business activities; Assist in tracking of processes via Otis.
- Create compliance resource library via Box for Program staff members as a resource.
- Willing to learn data and processes.
- Keen attention to detail to identify and correct risky practices.
- Must be a strong communicator and capable of expressing oneself clearly both speaking and in writing.
- Possess a collaborative personality and be open to suggestions from team members.
- Exemplify strong knowledge of industry protocols and best practices.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and able to meet deadlines.