Engineering - Civil Internship - Seattle
Civil Engineer Intern– KPFF’s Special Projects Group is seeking a full-time CIVIL ENGINEER INTERN in our Seattle office.
KPFF is seeking a motivated Junior or Senior level Civil Engineering student for a summer internship in the Seattle Office of our Special Projects Group. The 2024 Civil Engineering Summer Internship being offered is approximately 40 hours a week for 2.5 to 4 months depending on candidate’s availability. Job responsibilities will vary by project and individual intern, but generally include the following:
- Ability to work collaboratively with project team members and clients on a variety of projects
- Detail oriented and desire for continued learning
- Clear communication and writing skills
- General understanding of stormwater hydrology and hydraulics basics
- General understanding of AutoCAD and Civil 3D
KPFF's Special Projects Seattle office, located in the retail core of downtown Seattle, WA, is a dynamic 120+ person group that provides project management, planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical engineering, and machinery design. We provide these services on a wide range of project types through all stages of development. The Seattle Civil Team is 20+ person group of diverse backgrounds and experience levels.
Typical project types and potential work includes:
- Ports, harbors and light industrial related projects on the waterfront for a variety of public and private
- Stormwater conveyance and treatment and design
- Environmental cleanup and habitat restoration
- Container terminal infrastructure design
- Marinas Ferry terminals
- Waterway dredging
- Fisheries Engineering; hatchery building and pond design, diversion and intake structures; Fish passage replacement
- Rail infrastructure
KPFF Special Projects – We have recognized that there are specialized issues associated with development of certain projects, which require unique management and technical skills. The KPFF Special Projects Group was established to directly address these concerns with a unique combination of focused dedication to successful delivery via specialized project managers, a highly qualified technical staff, and a predisposition to think and act innovatively. Special Projects has offices located in Seattle & Tacoma, WA and Long Beach, CA, with a total staff size of 120+ people.
Our work generally leans toward heavy civil, structural, industrial and waterfront infrastructure throughout the US. We are frequently tasked with solving unusual, multi-discipline challenges that require an innovative and team-oriented approach.
We also like to have fun and give back to our community! Social events and community outreach activities are an important part of who we are and help to strengthen our relationships.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest by clicking on the “Apply” button below.
Resumes sent elsewhere will not be considered.
KPFF Consulting Engineers is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.