Engineering - Civil - Entry Level Seattle
Civil Engineer – KPFF’s Special Projects Group is seeking an entry level full-time CIVIL ENGINEER in our Seattle office.
KPFF Special Projects currently has an entry level position available in its Seattle office for interested and qualified graduates with a degree in Civil Engineering. We are looking for self-motivated people who are eager to develop design and modeling skills and assist with production of engineering plans, specifications and estimates as a part of a team. We are looking for candidates who are interested in developing their project management skills and who are passionate about providing exceptional client service. Field work is expected for site investigation and construction support services.
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Engineer In Training (EIT) Certificate – or in process of obtaining
- Ability to work collaboratively with project team members and clients on a variety of projects
- Detail oriented and desire for continued learning
- Clear communication and writing skills
- General understanding of stormwater hydrology and hydraulics basics
- General understanding of AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- AutoCAD and Civil3D proficiency
- Familiar with modeling software like EPA SWMM, WWHM/MGSFlood, WaterCAD, Autodesk SSA or other similar hydrology/hydraulics software
Typical project types and potential work includes:
- Ports, harbors and light industrial related projects on the waterfront for a variety of public and private
- Environmental cleanup and habitat restoration
- Container terminal infrastructure design
- Ferry terminals
- Waterway dredging
- Stormwater conveyance and treatment and design
- Fisheries Engineering; hatchery building and pond design, diversion, and intake structures; Fish passage replacement
- Rail infrastructure
KPFF's Special Projects Seattle office, located in the retail core of downtown Seattle, WA, providing project management, planning, civil & structural engineering, mechanical engineering, and machinery design. We provide these services on a wide range of project types through all stages of development. The Seattle Civil Team is 20+ person group of diverse backgrounds and experience levels. Special Projects has offices located in Seattle, WA, Tacoma, WA and Long Beach, CA, with a total staff size of 120+ people.
In KPFF We have recognized that there are specialized issues associated with development of certain projects, which require unique management and technical skills. The KPFF Special Projects Group was established to directly address these concerns with a unique combination of focused dedication to successful delivery via specialized project managers, a highly qualified technical staff, and a predisposition to think and act innovatively.
Our work generally leans toward heavy civil, structural, industrial and waterfront infrastructure throughout the US. We are frequently tasked with solving unusual, multi-discipline challenges that require an innovative and team-oriented approach.
We also like to have fun and give back to our community! Social events and community outreach activities are an important part of who we are and help to strengthen our relationships.
Benefits include medical, dental (option), life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, paid family leave, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, a subsidized ORCA bus/rail pass (Seattle office) and paid jury duty. We also provide an excellent 401K retirement savings plan with employer contributions. Additionally, KPFF provides a bonus program for its employees.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest by clicking on the “Apply” button below.
Resumes sent elsewhere will not be considered.
KPFF Consulting Engineers is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.