Vital Records Registration Specialist (HSC1) – DOH7669
Make a difference.
As a Vital Records Registration Specialist (HSC1), you will support the registration and surveillance activities aimed at ensuring completeness and accuracy in filing vital records via Washington Health and Life Events Systems and entering data for annual statistical reports.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assembling, compiling, computing, and coding certificate data for Vital Records Systems.
- Sorting records received from local health jurisdictions, health care facilities, and county auditor and clerk’s offices for data entry. Monitoring records for completeness and accuracy.
- Documenting marriage and divorce records received by county and dating for tracking/issuing purposes.
- Data entry of birth, marriage, divorce, fetal death, & Induced Termination of Pregnancy (ITOP) for permanent registration into WAHLES database.
Verifying, editing, and updating vital records for quality assurance and data integrity.
- Conducting online research to obtain or clarify vital records variables for registration.
- Using state and county court databases for verification or completion of divorce record variables.
Note: Experience defined below may have been gained through paid or unpaid activities. Please ensure any relevant experience defined below is outlined in your cover letter, resume, and/or applicant profile.
One (1) or more years of demonstrated experience in the following:
- Interpreting handwritten medical terms.
- Keying large volumes of data into multiple databases.
- Providing office/clerical, secretarial, or general administrative support.