Policy and Lobbying Intern
The Missouri Bankers Association is the voice on banking issues to policy makers in both Jefferson City and Washington D.C. Our ongoing mission is to foster a safe, profitable, and successful banking community, which in turn promotes strong communities and a strong Missouri economy.
MBA Policy & Lobbying Internship: The intern will support the MBA Government Relations team’s efforts to educate members of the state legislature on issues impacting the financial services industry. The MBA internship provides a unique opportunity to participate first-hand in state advocacy efforts, as well as interact with MBA member banks and staff throughout the state legislative session.
- Lead all aspects of the MBA Target Banker Program, MBA’s chief grassroots lobbying effort. This will include briefing bankers on legislation and scheduling and facilitating banker visits with legislators throughout session;
- Draft a weekly legislative update that will be sent to MBA member banks;
- Research, track and monitor bills that may have an impact on the financial services industry;
- Attend committee hearings and legislative sessions;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Current college students or recent graduates preferred.
Skills: Good communicator; strong writing, research, and editing skills; experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Capabilities: Solid judgment; critical thinking skills; self-starter; attentive to detail; a sense of teamwork; ability to handle multiple tasks; good sense of humor a plus.
How to Apply
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter including available start date and weekly hours to David Kent at email@example.com with “MBA Internship” in the subject line.