Corporate Government Affairs Intern 34280
HII - America’s largest shipbuilder and a global, all-domain defense provider- has an exciting opportunity for a 2024 summer intern at our office in Washington, DC! With a more than 135-year history of advancing U.S. national defense, this minimum 10 week Corporate summer internship opportunity will allow students to gain experience in areas such as business, finance, information technology, and legal and government affairs, as well as being able to support the leaders who are driving the future of HII!
As a Government Affairs summer intern you will:
Support Government and Customer Relations (GCR) team in the Washington, DC office through various assignments related to policy analysis, legislative affairs, and political affairs
Conduct research on legislative bills and activity related to defense issues
Attend congressional hearings and think tank events focused on national security and provide summary reports
Assist with Political Action Committee (PAC) recruitment and operational projects
Create key presentations and manage various assignments in support of GCR's mission and annual deliverables
All applicants must ensure the information below has been provided when applying for the summer internship program:
• School Name • Degree Program & Major • Anticipated Graduation Date • Current Academic Level (such as junior, senior, grad school) • Overall GPA - 4.0 scale.
*Applicants may be disqualified if all information requested has not been provided*
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
1. Be enrolled in a degreed program that supports the company’s business requirements which are typically in the following areas: •Business • Management • Accounting • Economics/Finance • Tax Accounting or Accounting Taxation • Computer Information Science or Information Technology • Communications •Marketing •English •Human Resources
2. Currently attending a 4 year college or university and will be a rising Junior or above
3. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Official transcripts will be required)
4. Successfully complete a criminal background investigation and a drug screen
5. Attend a college/university (undergraduate or graduate program) in the fall following the internship
6. Work a 40-hour work week for a minimum of 10 weeks during the summer
**A valid email address is required when applying, receiving communication, and obtaining employment offers**