Corporate Intern - ESG 34283
HII - America’s largest shipbuilder and a global, all-domain defense provider- has an exciting opportunity for a 2024 Environmental/Social/Governance summer intern at our Corporate Headquarters in Newport News, Virginia! With a more than 135-year history of advancing U.S. national defense, this minimum 10 week Corporate summer internship opportunity will allow students to gain experience in areas such as business, finance, information technology, and legal and government affairs, as well as being able to support the leaders who are driving the future of HII!
As an ESG summer intern you will:
- Report to and take direction directly from HII’s Chief Sustainability Officer
- Assist with ESG data management and analysis in cooperation with other departments and external service providers
- Assist on projects to mature the Company’s sustainability program and preparations for establishing greenhouse gas emissions targets and submissions to the SEC
- Desk-based and internet research related to ESG and sustainability topics
- Provide general support for operationalizing sustainability objectives, including coordination with HII’s Sustainability Management Team and division sustainability leads
All applicants must ensure the information below has been provided when applying for the summer internship program:
• School Name • Degree Program & Major • Anticipated Graduation Date • Current Academic Level (such as junior, senior, grad school) • Overall GPA - 4.0 scale.
*Applicants may be disqualified if all information requested has not been provided*
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
1. Be enrolled in a degreed program that supports the company’s business requirements which are typically in the following areas: •Business • Management • Accounting • Economics/Finance • Tax Accounting or Accounting Taxation • Computer Information Science or Information Technology • Communications •Marketing •English •Human Resources
2. Currently attending a 4 year college or university and will be a rising Junior or above
3. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Official transcripts will be required)
4. Successfully complete a criminal background investigation and a drug screen
5. Attend a college/university (undergraduate or graduate program) in the fall following the internship
6. Work a 40-hour work week for a minimum of 10 weeks during the summer
**A valid email address is required when applying, receiving communication, and obtaining employment offers**