Technology Architect Fellow - Microelectronics
This is a 12 week summer fellowship with the Field Technologies Practice. This team is responsible for identifying and executing investments on behalf of our partners in the Intelligence Community in technology areas such as sensors, microelectronics, advanced manufacturing, and autonomous systems. This intern will have an opportunity to support the Field Technologies Practice and In-Q-Tel in delivering mission impact to our partners in the Intelligence Community and supporting the National Security mission.
In-Q-Tel (IQT) is a not-for-profit that serves and powers the national security interests of the U.S. and its allies, providing the most sophisticated source of strategic technical knowledge, insights, and capabilities. IQT powers its partners ahead of the curve through cutting-edge research, strategic investments, exploration and applied research, and acceleration of capabilities.
- Assesses the competitive landscape in a given technical field and meets with companies that offer the best technologies.
- Works with a team to develop strategies to enable capabilities involving sensors, microelectronics, advanced manufacturing, autonomous systems, power/energy, and other technical fields.
- Evaluates technologies for their impact and relevance for the IQT’s partners’ missions.
- Supports the development of technical assessment reports and statements of work.
- Works with partners and potential partners on technical issues.
- Works with agency users and supports solution piloting.
- Participates in the oversight of work programs of IQT’s portfolio companies.
- Works with internal teams as directed to support the investment lifecycle.
- Lead or contribute to a Market Survey in a key technology area such as autonomous vehicles, unmanned aerial systems, space technology, 3D Printing, wireless communications, microelectronics, Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality, sensors, or energy storage.
- Review technical problem statements from Intelligence Community Partners and survey commercial technologies to identify potential solutions.
- Participate in technical discussions with startup companies and support the technical vetting and due diligence process for potential investments.
- Commitment to continued understanding of new technologies and their strategic advantages.
- Interest in entrepreneurship and general awareness of technology trends in venture-backed startup companies.
- Candidate for a graduate degree, in an engineering or science discipline such as electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, materials science, chemistry, or physics.
- Must be comfortable presenting complex technology subjects to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Must be a strong writer. Experience in both technical writing and proposal writing is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.