CALLING ALL ECONOMICS, DATA ANALYTICS OR MATH JUNIORS!!! Cost Analyst Internship for Summer 2024!
**NO MILITARY COMMITMENT REQUIRED**
Are you looking for a paid internship that could potentially turn into a permanent position upon graduation?
The Air Force Civilian Service is pleased to announce the Air Force College Premier Summer Intern Program. Students in their junior year of a full-time baccalaureate program will be able to apply for a full-time paid summer internship lasting 10-12 weeks during the summer session prior to their senior year. The Premier College Intern Program targets individuals who are seeking a dynamic career with the Air Force Civilian Service in a variety of career fields by gaining real-world experience. You will be given the opportunity to gain the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to pursue a successful career with the Air Force Civilian Service.
This position is for a Cost Analyst Intern. As a member of our team, you will be trained to provide cost studies, data analyses, and special projects imperative to the mission of the United States Air Force (AF) and the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC).
Please note: This is not a developmental opportunity, this position will be filled at the GS-04 grade level. To qualify for GS-04, candidates must be an undergrad with greater than 60 credit hours but less than 120 credit hours. The starting salary for a GS-04 in the Boston area is $19.70.
Candidates should be in their 3rd year of school (enrolled full-time) and will be completing a 4 year course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a documented Grade Point Average of 2.95 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on your official transcript AND have at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: economics, quantitative methods, or math with a minimum of 3 semester hours of calculus.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must sign a Participant Agreement
- Must provide unofficial transcripts at time of application
- Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate Security Clearance
POTENTIAL TO TRANSITION TO FULL-TIME PALACE ACQUIRE (PAQ) INTERN PROGRAM AFTER GRADUATING
- A formal 2-3 year training and career development track
- Real-world projects and missions
- Mentoring provided by Senior Financial Managers
- Opportunities to lead projects
- Annual performance-based promotions
- Placement into a permanent AFCS position as a professional-level Financial Manager once the PAQ program is successfully completed
A FULL-TIME OFFER INCLUDES FEDERAL BENEFITS AS WELL AS THESE INCENTIVES:
- Recruitment Bonus for selected positions
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid move to employment location (if required upon conversion to PAQ program)
- 100% Tuition Assistance toward a graduate degree while in the PAQ Program
*Relocation during the internship would be at student's own expense; if a full-time offer is given upon graduation, relocation costs will be paid*