Medical Program Assistant
The UW Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences (DOVS) has been a pioneer in comprehensive patient care and paradigm-shifting research for over 50 years. As an DOVS administrative assistant, you'll play a key role in the success of the department by providing support services to our faculty members, including administrative tasks such as customer service, word processing, transcribing, filing, calendaring, travel arranging and reimbursements. The incumbent may also serve as the primary contact person or customer service representative and subject matter expert. Versatility and organization are key, as the incumbent will also be expected to track, prioritize, organize, and navigate multiple ongoing clinical, research or academic projects. Join us in our mission to save sight across Wisconsin and the world!
SMPH is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged.
Responsibilities:Performs administrative duties to support providers, staff, services, and unit programs. May serve as the primary contact or customer service representative and subject matter expert. Tracks, prioritizes, organizes, and completes multiple ongoing clinical, research or academic projects. Requires Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) knowledge or training.
- 40% Performs administrative tasks including telephone customer service, word processing, transcribing, filing, and calendaring
- 5% Acts as the primary liaison for providers or programs and refers stakeholders to providers, agencies, patients, and staff
- 20% Assists in coordinating the complex daily activities of providers or program(s) by entering information into databases, maintaining files and materials, and preparing reports
- 15% Serves as the primary contact and subject matter expert for specified program policies and procedures
- 5% Coordinates with senior management to define program goals and fiscal objectives
- 5% Identifies opportunities for program improvements and makes recommendations to the appropriate entities
- 10% Schedules logistics and secures or distributes resources for program meetings, department events, conferences, and travel
- At least two years working as an administrative assistant or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience with UW e-reimbursement, U-Connect and Healthlink/EPIC preferred.
- Exceptional customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage varied ongoing projects, priorities, and duties.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under general supervision.
Work schedule is Monday through Friday between the hours of 8-5pm.