Creative Design Internship
Ford Creative Design Internship: Ford Design is Ford Motor Company’s global creative design organization with eight design studios throughout the world. Ford Creative Designers work collaboratively using the very latest computer technology to design high quality and exciting products for global markets.
Ford creative designers apply their skills to design vehicle exteriors, interiors, components, color and materials, and user interaction. Designers use a variety of digital tools (including VR) to create concept sketches, renderings, and 3D digital design models and animations. Designers work with other disciplines in the development of scale and full size clay models, and ultimately interface with program engineering teams to develop concept designs and feasible production products.
Ford Designers use Microsoft Windows based computer systems with software applications that include:
- Alias Automotive 2D and 3D, VRED
- Gravity Sketch
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
What Are We Looking For?
- Pursuit of a relevant Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Transportation Design or Industrial Design
- A GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Candidates must submit portfolios that illustrate exceptional design creativity, strong problem solving skills, a superior ability to visually communicate through sketches and renderings, an ability to think three-dimensionally and an understanding of proportions and form. Portfolios should contain projects that exhibit automotive designs for exteriors, interiors, components, color and materials, or user interaction.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Flexibility in work location (this position has the potential to be remote or hybrid)
- Candidates must graduate and be available for full-time work prior to September 2025
What you’ll receive in return: As part of this exciting program, you’ll enjoy a high level of involvement with an exceptional team of industry innovators and visionaries. You’ll contribute in a meaningful way to our important, breakthrough work. And you’ll develop the skills that will give you a significant edge in your future career pursuits. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
2023 New Hire Benefits Summary Interns (ford.com)