Corporate Business Management Intern 34287
HII - America’s largest shipbuilder and a global, all-domain defense provider- has an exciting opportunity for a 2024 summer intern at our Corporate Headquarters in Newport News, Virginia! With a more than 135-year history of advancing U.S. national defense, this minimum 10 week Corporate summer internship opportunity will allow students to gain experience in areas such as business, finance, information technology, and legal and government affairs, as well as being able to support the leaders who are driving the future of HII!
As a summer intern you will:
- Assist with assessment and testing of Sarbanes Oxley processes, objectives, risks, and controls.
- Assist with scheduled audit project research, planning and scope development.
- Generate various reports and presentations using system data, infographics and data analytics.
- In support of internal audit plans and objectives, participate in meetings, group projects, brainstorming sessions, and complete assigned individual projects.
All applicants must ensure the information below has been provided when applying for the summer internship program:
• School Name • Degree Program & Major • Anticipated Graduation Date • Current Academic Level (such as junior, senior, grad school) • Overall GPA - 4.0 scale.
*Applicants may be disqualified if all information requested has not been provided*
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
1. Be enrolled in a degreed program that supports the company’s business requirements which are typically in the following areas: •Business • Management • Accounting • Economics/Finance • Tax Accounting or Accounting Taxation • Computer Information Science or Information Technology • Communications •Marketing •English •Human Resources
2. Currently attending a 4 year college or university and will be a rising Junior or above
3. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Official transcripts will be required)
4. Successfully complete a criminal background investigation and a drug screen
5. Attend a college/university (undergraduate or graduate program) in the fall following the internship
6. Work a 40-hour work week for a minimum of 10 weeks during the summer
**A valid email address is required when applying, receiving communication, and obtaining employment offers**