Graduate transportation engineer
From the moment you join us, you’ll be immersed in what it’s like to be a transportation engineer at Mott MacDonald. You’ll work with a team of exceptional planners and engineers who have a passion for consultant engineering. From your first week, you’ll gain exposure to project work and start honing the skills you’ve been studying, to begin your career in the profession.
This is a unique opportunity to help deliver innovative transportation solutions for both public and private sector clients. Our team is on the cutting edge of this field, combining transportation planning, land use planning, engineering, and digital analytics to develop innovative solutions that have a strong focus on social outcomes and help our clients make decisions that will impact coming decades. The issues we tackle are multimodal in nature, and the ideal candidate will have a strong interest in sustainable and healthy transportation modes.
We want you to utilize the skills you learn throughout your time here and use them throughout the rest of your life. Our company’s culture provides you with the opportunity to be creative, promotes inclusion and diversity, and allows you to take ownership of your work.
As a transportation engineer your responsibilities may include:
- An introduction to conceptual, preliminary and detailed design
- An introduction to site inspection, investigation and monitoring
- An introduction to design calculation, computation using formula and preparation of calculations
- Review, assistance and modification of reports, specifications and studies
- Introductory opportunities to use crucial software to civil engineering design related project
- Get involved with our Early Career Professionals network and participate in lunch and learn opportunities
Candidate Specification :
We want you to have a desire to make a difference in the world, sharing the values we believe in. Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities. In 2020, Mott MacDonald became the first company in our sector to be certified Carbon Neutral, globally.
To be considered for this position, you will currently have or be working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in urban and regional planning or civil engineering. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules or previous work experience. You’ll also have:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in planning, geography, or civil engineer, or related field(s)
- A methodical approach to problem solving
- Prior relevant internships, co-ops or practical work-experience preferred
- An ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently
- Adept verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and write accurate reports